build a personal brand, they said.
“You’ll be at 10k/month in no time”, they said.
And here you are 3, 6, 12 months later – still trying to figure out how to make money from our experience. And everyday, you get more advice. But it never seems to really help.
- Be more authentic.
- Niche down.
- Don’t Niche down (you are the niche).
- Show your personality.
- But make sure to provide value.
- But don’t post only about value.
The advice can be overwhelming, unclear, and vague. And if you’re like 88% of creators (Download here) – you’re not even close to sniffing a 10k month. Even after following all the contradictory advice you’ve been given.
Well – first off – the gurus seemed to conveniently leave out that making it as a creator (even with a personal brand) is hard fucking work. They probably did that so you’d buy their courses or something (you didn’t hear that from me 😬).
And – second off – the gurus sent you out into the wild with no real guidelines. Let me know if this sounds familiar:
- Just write to yourself from three months ago
- Write about your interests and problems you solved
- Build a marketable skill (probably copywriting or marketing right?)
- Build In Public 🙄🙄🙄
- Build digital leverage by sharing your stories
And if you just did those things, you would be able to work 4 hours a day and bank a metric-ton of money. So, you took the nice pat on the back and ran off to (insert social media) to begin building your digital empire.
And now – here you are 6 – 12 months later and still no 10k months?
Matter of fact – no clients at all really 😬.
Well – there’s a ton to be said about building a personal brand, especially one that is supposed to make you a bunch of money. But I won’t bore you further. You can go poke through my newsletter for more of that.
You came here to find the top five mistakes that new creators make when building their brand (and how to do better).
This is Newsletter subscriber-only content.
Because I’m on a mission to help one million creators, coaches, and advisors build meaningful businesses. And if I just give you this guide, it will go on top of the pile of countless other giveaways that you’ve downloaded, half ass read, and then didn’t implement.
I don’t want you to continue to miss out on the purpose-filled dream business that you came here to create.
By subscribing to my newsletter you get:
- Access to every free course and guide that I make – automatically. None of that “go fill out yet another email subscription box, so I can send you something you’ve already subscribed to” garbage.
- First dibs on any (very limited) 1:1 coaching, group coaching, or problem solving livestreams that I offer. You get access to anything that I’m offering a full week before anyone else does.
- One weekly actionable tip (and some commentary on the world at large). These tips aren’t the vague BS you see from other creators. These are atomic tips that can unblock you in less than an hour.
You give me email. I give you absolutely free tips that you’ll only find in other people’s paid courses.
Sound like a fair exchange?