Actually Build a Solo-Business Worth Having
The Five Mistakes that New Creators Make (when building a personal brand)
“Build A Personal Brand”, They Said.
“You’ll be at 10k/month in no time”, they said.
And here you are 3, 6, 12 months later – still trying to figure out how to make money from our experience. And everyday, you get more advice. But it never seems to really help.
- Be more authentic.
- Niche down.
- Don’t Niche down (you are the niche).
- Show your personality.
- But make sure to provide value.
- But don’t post only about value.
The advice can be overwhelming, unclear, and vague. And most of it isn’t actually helping you make money.
Find Your Mission (clarity builder)
Your time is limited. There are more opportunities for you than there is time to complete them. And without a mission, you’ll often find yourself jumping.
- From tactic to tactic
- From job to job
- From approach to approach
There is nothing wrong with pivoting. But if you find yourself doing it a ton of times in a single year, generally that means you’ve lost touch with your mission.
Video: From 0 – 100 in Two Weeks.
Whether you like it, video is a vital part of your content strategy. Here’s why:
- Social Media algorithms (yes even X) are favoring video. It is the simplest lever to increase your reach overnight.
- Video is the format that allows you to create once and repurpose across all social media accounts.
- Video is the quickest way to get your ideas across.